At this time tomorrow I will be running the Salt Lake City Half!!! I am very excited. I am ready to see if all our hard training will pay off.
|Last year it was paying off until I fell in a pot hole|
I feel like something is missing.............................
|a finish line!|
Things that make me push harder when I am working out:
Biggest Loser. I started watching the show from season one on Netflix. I have only been watching the show for a couple of years and it is crazy to watch episodes from way back in the beginning (2004). I love watching people push themselves so hard. I hope you don't think I am weird for saying this, but when I see an athlete (or me for that matter) dripping with sweat after a workout, I get excited. No joke.
|Or maybe it is just Dolvet sweaty that gets me excited!|
|Biggest Loser Marathon|
- Music. I was thinking of saving my ipod for mile 10 to the finish. It will be a reward/pick me up when things get rough.
- HM. I am excited to see the sign he is making for me (mile 6) and I am also motivated to run fast because I want him to be proud of my finish time.
- Pictures. Looking athletic in pictures is a HUGE motivator. I know what is important, huh?
- Oprah. Yeah her. She ran a 4 hour 29 minute marathon, which comes out to a 10:16 pace. I need at least a 9:55 pace to reach my goal. 10:16 would still give me a PR, but who wants to tie with Oprah. Not me.
- Brunch. Afterwards, I plan to enjoy the most epic of meals!
- Sweets. That's right sweets. You motivate me and I have already posted my goal all over the internet so I better pick it up!
|SLC Half 2011|