The 'rents left early this morning and man did we have quite the send off. Here is a little glimpse into the damage of Sunday night:
|We go bananas for birthdays!|
|MUCH better than it looks!|
By the end of the evening, all birthday men were happy and very full! Here is a list of the ingredients and steps for those who would like to make this lovely pie. WARNING: This is not a healthy recipe!!! Enjoy at your own risk! You will definitely be Sweating Sugar! XOXOXO
|G'dang this was good!|
- 3 large bananas
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 6oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 small carton of heavy whipping cream
- tiny chocolate chips
- vanilla extract (optional)
- Remove label from can and boil sweetened condensed milk in a large pot for 2.5 hours -MAKE SURE THE CAN IS COMPLETELY COVERED BY WATER THE WHOLE TIME!!!
- Let completely cool. This step can be done days/weeks in advance.
- Slice bananas into pie crust.
- Cover with toffee.
- Prepare pudding according to box directions and add a thin layer to pie.
- Whip cream with mixer (adding about a tsp. of vanilla extract)
- Add whipped cream to pie.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Cool in fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve and receive praise from significant other and statements of "world's best daughter".
- Add at least 45 minutes of cardio per slice.
Happy Birthday HM, I heart you.